Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Breaking a Promise

OK, I promised early on to never go into politics or conspiracy theories on this blog. But, you know what? This is my place and I can do as I please.

Today, I am dealing with both politics and conspiracy theory.

I was looking over a nifty little
google map application and happened to look at New Orleans and what will happen to it if global warming really takes off. You will notice that on the map, that New Orleans is now at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

This got me to thinking about the level of inactivity after Hurricane Katrina as far as disaster relief. Has our government "written off" New Orleans as beyond saving? I mean, if the government knows full well that New Orleans is a lost cause, then why spend the money to rebuild it? Wouldn't openly saying that it's a lost cause force them to admit that global warming is a reality?

Your thoughts?

No comments: