Monday, July 21, 2008

Get Home On Time - The Benefits Of Having Your Own Plane

Not that I could ever afford a Citation Jet, but it would be interesting to see the same comparison on a shorter flight with say...an RV-7. I still think that it would be "No Contest".

Back in the "olden days", I had a brother-in-law who was a shyster ...ermmm... a lawyer (resists telling joke about how to tell when a lawyer is lying? You look to see if his lips are moving) He had a client who needed to get to a divorce proceeding in KDAG. To go there, with the client, meant leaving the day before and flying to KONT, renting a car, getting 2 rooms at a motel, meals and wasted time . The entire undertaking would have taken 3 days. He paid for the aircraft cost only (billed to the client) and bought me a nice lunch and dinner for my efforts and we were able to fly down and back to KSJC in a single day. A huge savings of time for him and a huge savings of money for his client.

No comments: